Sunday 21 September 2014

Marsaxlokk revisited

I first went to Marsaxlokk in 2010, it seems like a life time ago... and I think it was. I was struck by the pretty harbour and the crumbling buildings. My trip over there today hardly saw a change, Some new smart apartments on the water front, but not much else has altered. Still the coach loads of tourists visiting the Sunday market. My first trip inspired a series of paintings that featured the peeling paint and decorative balconies, Today I was again captured by the same buildings. I think I will do a whole new series.

My original mixed media piece 100cm x 70cm. Now residing somewhere in Norfolk.


Nothing has changed.



The colours are not quite as vibrant as when I was last here but boy was it hot and humid today....exhausting weather.


Love this.... Pirate junk !




Lunch at Pretty Bay Birzebbuga threw up an informative menue !  Duh ,,,, couldn't help sharing lol
Another fabulous day,


No comments:

Post a Comment