Saturday 5 April 2014

Such fun !

This is so much fun.....I love the experimentation involved in finding which plants and flowers give off the best colours. My latest batch have used a combination of the strong Eucalyptus leaves and the really delicate blues and yellows from flowers. The Spring flowers won't last long and so I am making the most of their abundance now. The freezer is chocca with little bags of jewels just waiting to be used. In the Summer and Autumn months I will use stronger dyes produced from evergreens and seed pods.


Each piece is named after the place the leaves were collected. A sort of diary of my walks, a little piece of Gozo to take away... Above  Il Kantra Xlendi  and below Wied Ghasri.


Ta' Cenc


Wied Il Mielah


The latest batch drying.....



It's like Christmas...you never know what is inside the bundle...


Another driftwood find lends it's self to a few grumpy fish.




No comments:

Post a Comment